It is through dreams that our subconscious mind communicates with our conscious mind. Herbs have been used for centuries to enhance dreaming and sleep. Scent is the most direct route to our minds and recollections.
Traditionally, certain herbs have been used for specific purposes. Herbs can be combined and sewn into an herbal dream pillow and tucked inside your pillow case. Herbal dream pillows have been used for hundreds of years to affect dreams. Different combinations of herbs evoke different types of dreams. Herbal dreams pillows were once called comfort pillows and used in sickrooms to avoid the smells of illness and to ward off the nightmares caused by medicines.
Here are a few:
- Anise: repel nightmares
- Basil: protection & psychic dreams
- Bay: wisdom & clairvoyance
- Catnip: relaxing
- Chamomile: peaceful sleep
- Dill: promotes sleep
- Hops: healing & restful sleep
- Lavender: peaceful sleep & clairvoyant dreams
- Marjoram: relieves depression
- Mint: vivid dreams
- Mugwort: visions & prophetic dreams, aids in remembering dreams
- Rose: peaceful, happy dreams & clairvoyance
- Rosemary: to avoid nightmares & headaches
- Thyme: peaceful sleep, psychic powers & attracting faeries
- Valerian: deep rest
The best supplier of high quality wildcrafted and organic herbs is Mountain Rose Herbs.